Another Episode

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder and I cant seem to permanently put an end to episodes of getting upset and taking it out verbally on those involved in the situation. The best I can hope for is a low key episode that doesnt go beyond a kind of whining and/or smart ass behavior or, as in the incident yesterday, the other person or people involved manage to put a stop to me by shaming me into submission. I cannot go higher than 50 mg. of Seroquel because I get a crippling flare up of an old injury in both ankles.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Have you tried lithium?

• Posted

I cannot take Lithium because of the joint and muscle pain side effect which I am very susceptible to; but I do appreciate your taking the time to reply and share advice.

• Posted

Dear @diane98246,

Hope you're well. I am sorry to hear that you are having such a difficult time with Bipolar Affective Disorder and it's management.

I am assuming that you have a consultant psychiatrist who has prescribed you you're current medication. If that is not the case, kindly see your GP and ask for an urgent referral to tertiary care services.

Bipolar Affective Disorder is a very tricky diagnosis, and it's treatment and prognosis is quite complicated. However, following the correct diagnosis, there are multiple sources of treatment available currently including Quetiapine, Sodium Valproate and Lithium to just name a few.

I wish you the best.

Kind regards,

Manun

• Posted

Thank you Manun and I thoroughly agree that bipolar disease is very complicated. I've experimented with the help of my psychiatrist with a number of doses of Seroquel and am now happy with my 50 mg. which leaves me feeling better in general and able to sleep.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.