Anterior wall repair stitches

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello , I've had an anterior wall repair and Kelly suture as my bladder prolapsed ( cystocele)

I'm 11 weeks post surgery and there is no sign of the stitches going anywhere

I had a feel of them and it literally feels like barbed wire

At the 10 day after appointment doctor said they would take about 2 months to dissolve so I didn't asked at the 6 weeks one and he didn't mentioned anything

I checked / felt them about 3 weeks ago and today they feel exactly the same

Sex is impossible at this point and before I ask for an appointment I just wanted to see what others experiences were and when your stitches dissolved

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Thats quite unusual. They are usually gone by 6- 8 weeks. If you are in UK get in touch with your GP who can ask your consultant to have a look and remove them. If you are in a country where you have direct access to your Consultant do contact their office

• Posted

Hi , i am in UK but got it done privately

I've sent an email to the doctor's tonight asking for a call or an appointment re stitches

I have also googled more and he might have used delayed absorption ones but they should be gone in 50 to 70 days , I'm past that too

Hopefully i get an appointment soon and an answer as well

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.