Antibodies against white blood cells

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi. I have had rheumatoid since 1988. Lots of different medications over the years. Around Xmas and new year my arthritis was getting worse as the consultant had reduced the dose of my hydroxychloroquine as he said it was too high a dose for my frame. However Not long after that my blood tests went awry my white count dropping way down. I had recently had a chest infection that took 2 doses of antibiotics, then a stronger one for two weeks. Ulcers in my mouth. In the end my platelets went down too and my red count as well. I saw a haematologist 2 months ago who arranged an iron infusion and took 6 vials of blood for tests. He told me yesterday that I also have antibodies that are affecting my white blood count, something that can happen with rheumatoid. Also said something  not quite right with bone marrow but that it is not anything to worry about. My spleen is OK I had a full mri so feltys is ruled out. 

Would like to know if anyone else has had anything like this happen.

Thanks for reading   Jean x

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I do know my red blood cells are in the not normal range, so they watch me with monthly blood tests. My red blood cells look like donuts, but after many tests they have decided that even though they are not in the normal range, seeing they are not causing other problems just carry on for now and we will continue to watch.

• Posted

Maybe they ar suppled to look like donuts, but they have mentioned to me there is something going on.
    • Posted

Trust us to be different Lyn hope that they do not cause any trouble for you. I just have to get help if I get any infections.

Jean 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.