Anus/Intergluteal Cleft Redness, Itchiness, Soreness - HELP 😩

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi,

I've been suffering for some time now (literally years) with a sore bum. It has only gotten worse as time has gone by. I have been to the Doctors several times and just don't seem to be getting anywhere and it feels like even they have just given up. None of the GP's have been able to diagnose this issue for me and it is seriously interfering with my life for the worse.

I itch like crazy during my sleep. I know this due to my girlfriend having told me and also due to the additional pain and irritation I have when I wake up, however I can't stop this as I'm asleep when this happens!

I have attached a photo (only one as they keep saying 'file size too big') and hopefully somebody can point me in the direction of what I need to do to make this go away once and for all and tell me what it could be. It has been very close to having gone away several times but never fully and it always seems to get worse and worse afterwards.

Here are some of the things I have tried myself at different times as decided by myself and my girlfriend:

• Sudocrem every night
  • Moisturiser every night
  • Anusol suppositories
  • Anusol wipes
  • Bandaging over the area to prevent scratching through the night
  • Germolene

Here are some other things that have been done by or suggested by the Doctors which I have then tried:

• One doctor stuck a finger up and said that it felt normal (no hemmeroids)
  • Daktacort cream
  • Stop shaving the area and let the hair grow to potentially 'protect' the area
  • Leave it and do literally nothing at all for a few weeks
  • Antihistamine tablets

I'm sure there are more things that I have forgotten to list but I am open to any suggestions that could help me. As you can see there is a sort of tear all the way up and it is almost consistently itchy, stinging, painful and just uncomfortable.

It does seem to usually be more irritated and itchy into the evening. Almost consistently after going number 2. I tend to be 'constipated' by definition (small hard balls) although I do go once almost daily and although it can hurt, I wouldn't say that I am actually constipated (in the sense of not being able to go when needing to). I always use baby wipes after going and have done for over 10 years now.

Any help is really appreciated, as I said I just feel like the Doctors have sort of given up and aren't very helpful for this.

Thanks in advance

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.