Anxiety and anger

Posted , 4 users are following.

i have just had a fab 3 weeks away, came back and anxiety is heighten again, but not the same level as previous, but i still have thoughts going around my head  " what if" , don't want to " and constant pit feeling in my stomach. Just wondering if anyone else has anxiety and anger issues, when it rears its ugly head. Been put on the waiting list for counselling which is 8-10 weeks, just hope I can hold myself long enough. Slightly scared and don't know if I can, any ideas ( I have strategies that I can use from the cbt I have had recently) has anyone else been in this position. 

Thanks for reading

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Good for you that you are aware that you are angry. Forgiveness to past betrayl, abuse, life traumas is extremly helpful in healing from anxiety. You need to get to a place within yourself that you forgive yourself for being manipulated or betrayed. Thats actually the hardest thing ever.but know you are only human and unfortunately people can be devious, even family menbers so dont be so hard on yourself. Secondly forgiving the person, not being okay with the behavior, but letting it go kind of forgiveness.emotions are not the easiest thing to organize because the heart isnt ratiinale at all. But it would be in your best interest to let it go so you can enjoy your life.i dont know if that help you or not. There are so many audiobooks that can help you. Poscasts as well. Look uo anger or forgiveness and see what you like. They even have info and books on cbt as well. You can get a jump start on all this before therapy begins.
  • Posted

Hi Michelle, Anxiety is horrid! Do you have a good health food shop?I use rescue remedy &Lavender oil on my pillow.A warm milky drink.Have you tried Reflexology or aromatherapy? Both good for stress!! Do you have anyone who you can trust to talk to?Have you got a CD player?Listen to a relaxation each night.Above all listen to your body.Doctors really don't understand about Anxiety,therefore they dish out awful drugs.Keep calm & positive!!! Regards Amanda

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.