Anxiety and sleep deprivation

Posted , 4 users are following.

Can I ask is anyone one else's anxiety worse when they have had little or no sleep.

I have a 5 month old baby and he is up twice a night and last night he was awake for nearly 3 hours only got back to sleep at 5am and then it's time to get up an hr later with my other children

I'm so so tired this morning and my anxiety is normally bad in the morning but today I could just cry I am on medication for the last 5 weeks and they are definitely working but no sleep

Is dibiltating

Please advise

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Certainly!!! I have a 9 month old, she's sleeping through now but when she wasn't I just didn't feel myself! Now I have this anxiety and it's got better but it's still there!

Do you have a partner that could help with the night feeds?

My LO is a right pain all day but I'm thankful she sleeps through the night because even when I have 9 hours I feel like I need more.

I really feel for you and hope you get better soon!

• Posted

Hi Sparky Just wanted to tell you that you are not alone trust me. Most of us who suffer from anxiety or in my case Stridor and anxiety which is the double whammy of breathing sickness. I go 1-2 weeks without sleeping no kidding then I will crash maybe about 2 days with out waking up. The disorder we have keeps your pulse yrate really high so no woder you cant sleep . Sleeping pills etc... are not the answer I am not sure what is really just wanted to tell you  your not alone ok Eric K.
  • Posted

Can I ask what meds you ar we on? It definitely doesn't help, with no sleep, hardly get any either!! I'm also getting advice on here about it as feel not so good this morning , had only 3 hours sleep, with lots of dreaming. Are you able to get to sleep if you hqd nothing to wake you?

Lattifa x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.