Anxiety dizzy woozy feeling. Will Citalopram help ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Does anybody get a chronic dizzy woozy feeling as a symptom of their anxiety? It's a weird woozy, kind of hangover floaty feeling. Has anybody used an SSRI such as citalopram, which helped this feeling go away? I've been on 10 mg of citalopram for quite some time just increased it to 15 mg five days ago. It would be really nice to find somebody else who gets this feeling and has had it go away with their SSRI.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Shelley, yes, I'm going through it right now. I stopped taking Citalopram three months ago but recently reinstated a low dose thinking it would help with my symptoms. Only on day two. Dizziness bad tonight.

• Posted

Jan,

Its so frustrating isn't it? Today is day six for me increasing from 10 to 15 and my woozy dizzy thing is a bit worse today than yesterday which, of course then makes you feel like you are not getting better because you feel you are taking a step back. However, from reading posts from many other people, I realize that this is just the way it goes with these medications of course when you're in the midst of it all, it's hard to be rational and know that you were going to get better in time. But we will 😃

• Posted

Hi Shelley, I've reinstated 0.5mg and this will be my fourth day. Yesterday I had a reasonably good day, today I'm a bit jittery again. I think this is common with ssri's. You are not alone. Please keep in touch.

• Edited

Jan,

Oh yes, I get those tremors or the feeling of jitters off and on as well. Some days more than others. Very annoying.

• Edited

Hi, yes I've got that woozy feeling along with feelings of detachment, I'm currently increasing my citalopram from 25mg to 30mg, I'm only on day 4, I think its the side effects and hopefully it will get better once the increase levels our. 🤞

• Edited

oh I sure hope it gets better for both of us. That weird woozy drunk feeling is terrible! It's so hard just to get things done, but we will prevail! It's just very nice to have other people to talk to who are going through this as well. Not that I would wish this upon anybody, but it's comforting to know that we are not alone. Continue to update.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.