Anxiety driven depression and CBT with citalopram

Posted , 3 users are following.

Has anyone tried cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) to alter ways of thinking which lead to uncontrollable anxiety? I am a mental health nurse and have had few relapses to date and they all seem to be triggered to stress related situations. With the cbt it aims to break the cycle. Any advice would be muchly appreciated.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Steven, I did 6 CBT sessions not sure thats enough 'probably not enough in fairness' however I found the method of thinking and processing certain thoughts in purticular stressful responses. I learnt some techiques that changed the intial thought 'when things are intense' however its like anything practise and having confidence in the techiques that they will work. All the best Steven wink  
  • Posted

I have done CBT one year of it. It worked for a short period of time. It's just about keeping it up on a routine so easy to slip back in to terrible anxiety provoking thoughts. have also done hypnosis, 5 years of privatized holistic therapy which actually was best for me. Try anything and as many therapies as you can geared to changing thought processes. Easing anxieties and depression. I have been on medication 15 years and I will never be the same. I am 31 years old and completely dependant my advice to anyone is to stay off all this crap as much as you possibly can. My life is over from all of these meds. I believe I am getting early onset alziemers. If they say they don't cause death they do. Try therapy!!! It works if you work it!!!
  • Posted

All the best to you! !! Therapy really really works as long as you find the right person to help you get through this. I've done therapy 5 years like I mentioned. CBT is amazing!! The only thing is doing it independently while suffering that's hard that's when I gave up so if o cam just say the therapy is designed for times when it's bad. Don't forget to use it. Really all the best truly!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.