anxiety is the worst

Posted , 8 users are following.

Been so bad past few day's after doing so well . All came from these stupid leg pains I've been having they aren't even really painful more like tightness or tingling a few stabbing pinching pains most in one leg but does happen in both sometimes then I got a sore back probably from being so tense and last night really bad feeling I was short of breath I was so aware of how I was breathing I made it worse. In my irational head I have a dvt in my leg which is y I have a sore leg and it has traveled to my lung and that's y I'm short of breath not likely I know but can't get it out my head. I was at doctors on Wednesday and she checked my leg over thoroughly and said she can't c any sign of dvt and she listened to my chest and back and said sound all clear so y do I still worry . Sorry for the rambling just needed to vent and see if anyone else has these leg pains I know some of u have mentioned it before x

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Focus and realise that its not that. And keep away from Google :-)

Get circulation in legs - perform squats at home - and just focus on the good things you have.

• Posted

Be assured, lynsey, that it's health anxiety.  Being worried and anxious can cause you to feel quite ill and cause you to experience lots of physical symptoms.  Breathe evenly, distract yourself somehow by taking a walk, exercising, thinking positive thoughts, etc.  Don't let this worry win and play havoc on your body.
  • Posted

Next time it happens just say to yourself "oh I must have pulled a muscle". If they looked you over, you're fine.. I had a weird feeling in my calf sometimes that feels like someone is tugging on it. Ive accepted that they're weird muscle spasms and moved on. Do you have paperwork from ur doctor? Sometimes reading that kind of gets it in your mind a bit better that you're ok and there isn't anything wrong. Try looking up some different stretches for when they happen though. Sounds like maybe a mix of muscle spasms and anxiety from the spasm.
  • Posted

I get really bad chest pains in the middle like squeezing that come and go and shortness of breath it's gotten worse and then goes away and I'm always tired and I got a couple tests they said its stress and anxiety I woulda worry so much
  • Posted

I know how you feel, I had a few good days no pain or minimal pain then all of a sudden Anxiety and I'm in pain again, it's a vicious circle. been going on like this for 2 months for me, I'm waiting to get in to talk to someone, hopefully that will help. My suggestion is to stay away from google because I know that is why my anxiety is as bad as it is, I googled every symptom I had.
  • Posted

Ok, here's the deal, anxiety stresses your body. Stress causes tension, when you are tense it inflames or swells, which takes up more than normal space. This includes areas in your spine that house nerve roots. When a nerve is being pushed on (impinged), it causes radiating pain to different areas of the body. Look up your body's dermatomes map. You will see how pain ends up in different areas of your body, anywhere from the top of your head to the end of your toe. None of this is dangerous. Of course, if you reduce your anxiety by not worrying, by understanding this, inflammation will go down and so will the pains. I know, because I am describing me as well. I have had extensive education in this area. I hope this helps you and all who read this!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.