Anxiety making me believe I have Neck Cancer

Posted , 1 user is following.

Over the past few months I've been kind of going through it with my health anxiety. When one obsession ends another begins and Im at my wits end.

The latest anxiety has been over head/neck cancer. My heart races so fast just typing this. On the left side of my neck I am constantly feeling and comparing it to the other side looking for symmetry, but I feel like something is off. My neck feels "swollen" of the left side and i dont know if it is actually a lump I am feeling or if my muscles are just tense. Everyday for the past 2 weeks I've been going through this cycle. Just now I was at work and all of a sudden I felt the urge to check my neck. I spent over 15 minutes in the bathroom examining myself 😦

I even went as far as comparing old pictures of myself to examine my neck.

i iust saw my PCP this past Wednesday she even felt around my neck, but she said she didnt really feel a lump but more so my neck muscle is tense on one side. I felt fine after she examined me, but as soon as I got back home, I couldnt shake the thought of head/neck cancer like what if something is there and she missed it?

The area im referring to is the sternocleidomastoid muscle.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.