anxiety of possible PE

Posted , 1 user is following.

i'm 17 and i've been anxious for the last 2 months now

i don't get around much, i am homeschooled so this probably adds fuel to the fire

a month ago i noticed my thigh feeling weird and itchy, my first thought was a blood clot, i eventually googled the symtomps and read it can cause a pulmonary embolism and got very scared, i then somehow got my mind off it.

the next morning i woke up, i moved my shoulder weird and think i pulled it and it caused pain around my shoulder to my pec muscle, but because i thought i had a bloot clot the day before, it made me think i now have a pulmonary embolism.

the same morning i went out and got groceries, with the constant fear of PE i noticed sharp chest pains when moving, and sharp chest pains around the pec muscle.

the next few days the chest pain was only when moving my shoulder, i told my mom and she said it could be a torn rotater cuff, a few days later then the shoulder and chest pain went away

a week after that i developed a fear of DVT happening in my legs, this fear caused me to believe any feeling i have in my legs is an instant DVT, i now have this fear for the next few weeks to come

now, a few weeks later, and a few days ago i was anxious in the car thinking about PE and started shaking, i then randomly got sharp chest pain in my middle of my chest, around the xiphoid process, maybe a bit above it.

the sharp pain occurred around the same area 2 times later that day, one of which i could predict it was about to happen again because i felt very anxious

2 days later and i am typing this

i still have the slight shoulder pain, i do get slight chest pain when moving my shoulder

ive googled so many stories about PE and DVTs, they scare me, one that scared me the most is someone had a PE and he didn't know and it built up for months without triggering any pain but then people say the pain is so painful that you will know when it occurs

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

also have slight back pain when moving too

idk if its because i am tall and also hunching over my desk a lot too?

...sooo many things to worry about and they all connect to pulmonary embolism...

• Posted

the only thing that makes me doubt all of this is ever since i worried the pain has come more and more which makes me believe it really is all in my head and i am going crazy for nothing
    • Posted

also have minor chest pains sometimes throughout the day if i am overthinking things

they aren't constant

• Posted

i dont have most of the pains that come with PE anyways but that doesnt mean its not there...

sad

• Posted

also my supposed pain is on and off too

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.