Anxiety over wisdom teeth removal

Posted , 9 users are following.

Getting my wisdom teeth removed and so scared about the light sedation 😩😩😩😩

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

You are still wide awake and the whole thing is done so fast. These dentists do this constantly and have perefected it to about 10 minutes a tooth. Better to get the wisdom teeth out they cause more trouble then they are worth when they dont come in nicely. 
    • Posted

Wait do you mean the laughing gas?
    • Posted

I doubt it -although I don't know why I'm answering you when it's Emily who's having the procedure lol !!!

Nitrous oxide and oxygen haven't been used in dentistry, as far as I know, for many years. I imagine loads of dentist will now come online and correct me. Oh dear. How are you doing, Lisa?

• Posted

I had mine taken out under local it was easy, they had to drill my bone to but only because my tooth was impacted, I felt nothing the only part was the soreness after it was painful for about a week after as I had stitches not everyone does though, you will be fine sedation is very safe and it'll be just like you had a 10 minute nap x

• Posted

That will be midazolam which will make you sleepy and happy, and it'll be over before you know it.

Good luck!!!!!

love Tess

• Posted

you should still be awake shouldn't you? It's just a local anasthetic.

• Posted

Yes, still wide awake, but midazolam is a very strong version of valium and is given as the drug of choice to people who are fearful of a short medical procedure. Emily will get local anaesthetic as well. She will feel sleepy but not actually out cold during the procedure and should not drive for up to 24 hours afterwards.
  • Posted

Hi Emily I literally just had my wisdom teeth remove this morning all four plus I had a moler removed I was put to sleep but I'm doing fine and I have extreme anxiety so I understand how you feel , but I'm a just a little pain and my mouth is a little sore but I can manage , trust me if I can get through getting five teeth removed in one day and be doing okay you will be just fine I know it . good luck sweetie

• Posted

Thanks Jennie! How are you doing? I replied to a lot of post that u did and was actually trying to find u to email u and check on u smile

• Posted

Glad i replied emily lol , well i must say I'm.doing a little better than before not many panic attacks , but still having frequent anxiety , its been a lot of headaches off and on and weird head pains and pressure off and on , its mostly high around my time of the month (my period) , and at work it's pretty high also , how've you been

• Posted

Hey Emily! I just had my last 2 wisdom teeth pulled 2 weeks ago! The first time I got the first ones out I was extremely anxious. I thought I was going to have a panic attack right in the chair. But after I was totally fine. Nothing to really worry about especially since you're not going under. Oral surgeons have do this stuff everyday so you'll be fine! I know that might no lessen your anxiety (weven after realizing I'd be ok I was still anxious) I hope it gives you a little peace of mind! But I totally get it. Been there don't me that.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.