Anxiety/panicking disorder,phobias

Posted , 4 users are following.

Any one suffer from constant panicking attacks had about 12 today chest and throat felt funny,panicked even more cos of that, also got a phobia of fainting! Had Diazi's 4 2mg today only just managed to calm down a little with this! It's so scary, what medication do people think is the best for constant panick attacks?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi I know how u feel. I've been suffering with health anxiety for about 8 years but since January it's been horrific. I just went funny felt like I was gonna die. Can't breathe chest pains arm pains ect I'm convinced there is something wrong with my heart. I've had tests doctors say it's all anxiety and panic attacks. I'm on a ssri which is sertraline and diazepam. The problem is the body becomes immune to diazepam quickly so u need a higher strength to get the same affect the other good med is lorazapam it's better and lower dose
  • Posted

You have the normal symptoms of anxiety attacks.  You do not need to ask if anyone suffers in the same way - read the posts on this forum. 

Antidepressants are standard meds for anxiety.    They are slow acting so take a long time to start working.  I have found them very effective.  The problem is that trial and error is needed to find the right one and the right dose for you. Everyone reacts differently to each med.

Diazepam is a fast acting med that is not normally prescribed  long term because is it addictive.

• Posted

Hi Melissa,

Hi to all who get panic attacks also.

Firstly as a kid I had them and I am still alive now my Daughter has them and I do not want her to go through what I went through. 

I used to get a dry mouth couldn't swallow you all know all the symptoms.

Just learn to relax and carry some peppermints and water with you, once you have been to Docs to get heart checked out and they say all is okay you can start living again,  relax when you feel one coming on and take sips of water, or a peppermint to get rid of dryness in mouth as long as you know you are well it is then up to you all to learn to relax and keep calm and have good pals near you who understand what is going on  Don't be afraid or it has beaten you,  now I want all those who have a panic attack to try the peppermint and water and even talk to self saying" relax I'll be okay if I dont panic "  xx Good luck now go out and beat the panic attacks xx Good luck all  xxx If at first you dont suceed !! now go and get better xxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.