Anxiety symptoms are taking over me today!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I feel so crap today. I have neck and back pressure type feeling, head fog, I feel like I'm gonna pass out or just stop breathing. My pulse seems to be all over the place I just feel like I'm gonna die! Been feeling funny most of the day but it seems to have got worse this afternoon when I got home. Feel sick aswell sad

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I am so sorry Sarah you feel this way..Have you tried calming down? You have to gain control of your thoughts....Tell yourself you are going to be OK! and take some nice slow deep breaths..do this for a while and your body will HAVE to calm down lol...it will have no other choice. Do you take any anti anxiety meds? If not you might want to go tot he doctor to see if he can perscibe you something like Clonopin which is not addcitive like Xanax 
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply. I keep trying and I calm myself but then another surge of anxiety washes over me. I'm going to try the deep breathing though and hopefully it will help, it's been like this for the last 4 hours. I haven't been to the doctors yet, just trying to pluck the courage up to go but I do want to try some anxiety meds.
  • Posted

Hi there Sarah ,when i get that feeling ,i take deep steady slow breaths in a brown paper bag ... I know you can't do this in the middle of the office or a shop ha ha , I know what your going through ... and it isnt nice .

I hope your ok and feeling a wee bit better with yourself ... remember you aint going to Die with it , talk to yourself and say stop it ... go away .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.