Anxiety worse in the mornings

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have depression, anxiety and panic disorder. I am currently taking

75 mg of Venlafaxine XL in the mornings after breakfast.

I also have 2 mg diazepam I can take one or two as required.

I sleep at night, but wake up ever few hours. I am sometimes awake at 1am, 5 am and

try to doze until later on, usually about 8 am.

The mornings are the worst for my anxiety, it's very high, even two diazepam

don't seem to help so sometimes I don't take them at that time, and my appetite isn't good then either.

I usually have some toast so I can take my Venlafaxine..

Sometimes the anxiety can last until the afternoon. The diazepam seems to work better then.

For some reason afternoons and evenings are a bit better.

It may be because the Venlafaxine is a slow release capsule which spreads

it's effects through the whole day. Maybe it just needs to build up more of the

drug in my system to be more constant or My psychiatrist and GP will decide

to increase the dosage. I will have to have a discussion with my GP with whom I

have an appointment next week.

It's just myself, my husband and little dog who's 16 years old.

My husband has a serious inherited medical condition as well which doesn't help

my anxiety either. We don't have any family nearby which doesn't help the situation.

Does anybody else feel their anxiety this way, especially in the mornings.

Or is it just me overthinking and worrying that's causing this.

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Right with ya on this! I wake up every morning thinking I got this under control only to find out that it is still there! I am on 20 mil of Lexapro for a little over a week and I am jittery, shaking and anxious! Been told this will subside but I am waiting  for this to happen! I feel so insecure and no feeling of well being! 
    • Posted

The doctors tell you things like ' this medication has fewer side effects than XYZ medications, and say it can take up to four

to six weeks before you notice any difference.' Yeah, right.

Everyone is different and I think a blanket statement like that often

gives us expectations of feeling a bit better after that time. Then,

when we're not, we wonder how long we have to suffer the hellish side effects

as there seems no end to them.

I'm just so fed up with it all and would just like to feel better.

• Posted

Amen to that! I'd love to have my life back! It may not have perfect but is was good! That is why I cannot believe I feel this way!

• Posted

Yes, yes, yes, i want my life back too.  Too many medication failures, my body doesnt like this and i have been waking deeling this way for too long.  Somebody must know how to make us all better, somewhere, somehow..... Meantime we continue with the symptoms which dontallow us a normal life. This wait six weeks rhing is rubbishm, tried it, doesnt work.  Maybe someone can disprove this theory....
  • Posted

Praying for all of us to get better and enjoy our lives! God Bless you!
    • Posted

I definitely join you Wilb in a prayer for all of us to get better and

enjoy our lives too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.