Any advice for functional dyspepsia flareup?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi there, I’ve had this diagnosis for about seven or eight years, no medication works for me, accept Gaviscon might take the edge off). I used to be on PPI medication for many years and then it suddenly stopped working. Has anyone else had this experience?I used to be on PPI medication for many years and then it suddenly stopped working. Has anyone else had this experience?

What I call my daily “baseline” in terms of discomfort is 5/10. Anything below that is a bonus. (Constant feeling of acid, bad bloating to the point where I can look pregnant!) I call my daily “baseline“ in terms of discomfort is 5/10. Anything below that is a bonus. (Constant feeling of acid, bad bloating to the point where I can look pregnant!)

I also have a hiatus hernia which doesn’t help.

Does anyone have any other remedies? I have had a second opinion and he told me that he wouldn’t see me again for this problem.

I have recently had a flareup, and it has been absolutely unbearable some days, it’s one of those conditions that you literally don’t know how much longer you can carry on with it..

Any advice/information greatly appreciated.

Best wishes to you all,

Zoë

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.