Any info on this gerd problem

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been suffering most of my life I feel like I can't breath, panic attacks lump in throat and heart palpitations my stomach feels awful it just aches I'm on lansoprazol and escatalaprm I feel like I'm dying I'm so scared and its ruened my life. How do we cure this? Had heart checked and stomach and its all fine.!!! Help please

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like anxiety to me.  Your best and only option is our Lord, Jesus. ;-)  Just belieiving will take care of that anxiety and any other mental illness your mind will create.
  • Posted

Your symptoms could be due to reflux. Lansoprazole is good at reducing acid but nt reflux, it just makes it ess corrosive.

Reflux continuing full coloumn can breach the upper oesophagea sphincter and aspirate into the respiratory system. Symptoms like dyspnea (shortness of breath) are common as is globus (lump in the throat) due to the cricopharyngeus muscle (upper sphincter) spasming in an attempt to reduce the reflux.

There is no medicine to help your reflux which you have to manage by lifestyle or surgery.

And of course, anxiety doesn't help.

Lose weight if necessary. Do not overfill your stomach - eat little and often. etc.

• Posted

Oh sweetheart I feel you. The worst is when you lay down to watch a movie or to go to bed and your heart starts flopping around in your chest. I have reflux as well as ibs and anxiety. There are days my stomach feels raw. Nauseated. Shortness of breath. It's hard to live your life day to day with such physical symptoms. Mine are usually worse when my anxiety is worse. Try try try to push yourself with exercise. Not only good for you but it shows your mind your not as fragile as it thinks you are. Plenty of sleep. Eat healthy. Probiotic for your stomaach and talk to a doctor about your panic attacks. The more stress you put on your body the more acid relflux symptoms. Are these things easy? Heck no but give it time. Don't give up on life because of this. I definitely still have my low days. Days where I feel physically weak and sick, lump in my throat to the point it clicks when I swallow. All over body aches. It's a battle but I gotta keep positive or it will drown me. Keep your chin up and change one thing at a time.

• Posted

Thank you so much for your advice I feel exactly the same and the anxiety defiantly is a big part but I can't seem to control it but I do now recognise it which is a start xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.