Any long time Chron's people here...do you have joint pain?

Posted , 9 users are following.

I'm writing with a question about my husband.

He has had Chron's disease for 40 years and does very well (has a top gastroenterologist - one of the best) and has been in remission for decades. He is a daily race walker, vegetarian and meditator. Totally into health and nutrition. He's also had a serious heart attack 25 years ago. (Yes, he is a wonder!)

He looks great, although very thin, has tremendous energy - goes from morning til late at night.

His only problem is joint pain, neck, shoulder, forearms which goes hand in hand with Crohn's.

He doesn't take any pain meds just CBD oils, heat pads, etc.

He has a great Traditional Chinese Medicine MD who gives him acupuncture and Chinese herbs plus he gets a massage every 2 weeks which helps but he has so much neck and shoulder pain.

Anyone know of any other natural type pain relievers he could try?

Oh - he takes Asulphadine (sp?) for his Crohn's - that 's all he takes plus tons of supplements.

2 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

hello.

I'm not sure if I can help much. I've had crohns for a year and a half and I get joint pains. although my doctor hasnt really given me much to help them!

anyways I found that gels for arthritis help! and you can also get special salts that you dissolve in a bath which are really good.

I cant remember the names of the ones I've tried but if it's of interest I can find out for you!

hopefully that may give you some ideas of things to try 😃

• Posted

that would be great if you could recall the gels you tried and /or the bath salts that were helpful. If you can't then I will go and check at a drug store and see what I can find

• Posted

hello.

I cant seem to find the name of the gel as it was quite a while ago I used it but I will let you know if I come across it!

but you can try glucosamine which usually comes in tablet form.

the bath salts are just any brand but you get the Dead Sea salt ones. pop a tablespoon worth into a hot bath and I felt amazing after!!!

hopefully that helps 😃

• Posted

Great that he has been in remission for so long.I have Crohn's maybe 20 yrs and 4 years ago had joint pain in hands and ankles. Diagnosed initially with

inflammatory arthritis which can happen with crohn's. I have tried tumeric for pain which helped somewhat --have joint damage and tried pills for RA which I was not able to tolerate. Currently I take a biologic drug Cimzia but I am fearful of side effects so I may stop it after 6 months of treatment. I also have back pain daily and xrays showed that to be osteoarthritis

Great that you husband is so active, I really think that helps I try and do yoga for back pain. Water exercises I have not tried but heard they can be helpful for pain i wish him the best.There are many over the counter joint pain remedies - but I have not tried them

• Edited

I was diagnosed with CROHNS In 1977 so i have dealt with it for a very long time, no colon, but i had been in remission for over 35 yrs, then bam it hit me 3 yrs ago. I wont let it stop me though. i workout 1 1/2 hrs a day except Sunday. DRs put me on HUMIRA and steroids, they helped a bit but i started taking micronutrients and hemp oil, went off steroids,DR weaning me the amount of Pentasa i feel great. GOD, The micronutrients, probiotics, hemp oil is all i need. very little stiffness in my fingers.

I will not let Crohns sop me.

• Posted

hi i can only tell you what i take potassium tabs.or kiwi fruit. creatine monohydrate powder..glycine powder just in small amounts ,my consultant says make sure you take bit more potassium ,plus some aminos 2.11

• Posted

hi, just thought does he have b12 injections . sounds like Sarcopenia. or repetitive strain injury or as my doctor says its just old age . that gel also sounds like ibuprofen 10 o/o percent.

• Posted

Yes I get joint pain in my kness and crohns as also give me anklosing spondolitis which fused my lower back together

• Posted

Hi, he's still having this problem. Seems to be a bit worse

'Still chronic pain in shoulder - feels like a clothes hanger lying across both left to right sides of shoulder - mainly the trapezius muscles, although it goes down to his neck, too.

Sleeping is a problem - can never find the right pillow, we've tried so many.

A heart condition means he doesn't take any pain meds so we are just searching for natural treatments.

Thanks very much for any help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.