Any recommendations for stretchy shoes?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been advised to take into hospital a pair of shoes which will accommodate swollen feet for after the op. I've seen Skechers online - some models you can just slip on without bending down, and they have a stretchy mesh upper. Have any of you used them? Would you recommend them?

Or is there any other brand you could suggest?

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

any shoe will do . something easy to slip on or off. i personally used backless sneakers on amazon. amazon also has the whole hip replacement kit with sock helpers reacher etc.

• Edited

Thanks, Barbara, for taking the time to reply. I have been told not to use backless shoes in the hospital. But so far, all I have seen in the style of fully enclosed shoes which are adjustable are extra wide ones, which will not suit me once the swelling goes down.

Thanks for the tip about the helpful kit. Yes, I already have, and benefit from reachers, a Soxon aid, a leg lifter and long handles show horn. I don't know how long I'll have to wait for the operation, but am glad to be researching and ordering what I need now.

Regarding shoes, I think I will speak to my podiatrist at my next visit, and see what she suggests. And I can always pop back here to update this post if I have anything to add. Once again, thanks for your input.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.