Any suggestions for relieving pain from a PE?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi. My mom is currently in a lot of pain from a PE. She is taking pain relievers but it is not helping. I am her caregiver and I want to help her. It is hard to see her hurting so bad. My hope is to find some alternative ways to help reduce and relieve her pain. She is also taking Eliquis. I am wondering if their is a cream I can apply on her or maybe a little heat?? Thank you for your feedback..it is greatly appreciated.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Vonetta,

Where is her pain? I had a terrible pain, just under the breast with my P.E. the gave me a shot of morphine at the hospital, it went very quickly with the apixaban they gave me.

• Posted

so I got more pain when I took apixaban and I was originally told it was the PEs dispersing, I couldn't tolerate the side effects so changed my medication to injections of tinzaparin and the pain and anxiety completely cleared up also my breathing got a lot better. Apixaban or Eliquis gave me pain in my chest worse than the pain I had from the PEs. I have spoken to other people who agreed that they got chest pain as a side effect from Apixaban too

• Posted

i remember early on it was very unmanageable... i used a heating pad sometimes but nothing really helped. took a while for the intense pain to subside but it does eventually and youll just be left with some chronic soreness. best wishes to your mom, its tough and a long ride.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.