Any swallowing issues with Costo?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi all! I've been dealing with sore and tender ribs and breast bone for a few days now. I got sick a week ago and from blowing my nose it seems to have irritated my sternum and left chest side. That whole area hurts and is sore to the touch. But for the past few days I feel the pain right in the center of my sternum when I swallow even just saliva. As soon as I start swallowing before any food or drink has gone down, I feel the pain at the left side/center sternum. Not like a sore throat pain but an irritation on the actual bones/joints. Anyone else deal with this? I keep taking some Pepcid but that doesn't relieve anything. I've taken some pain killers but not many. I'm off of caffeine, gluten and excess sugar to see if that helps. Mostly using ice on my chest. Why would this affect swallowing? Are chest muscles involved with swallowing? I'm so confused but nervous also and in a lot of pain that won't let up. Thanks in advance!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.