Any tips?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone

I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia around 3 years ago and i think i had it for around 8-10 years prior to this.

To be honest i know very little about the condition, my doctors arnt that helpful so I wondered if anyone could give me any tips on things that help improve/manage the condition or things to avoid?

Many thanks

Laura

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I avoid gluten,coffee and chocolate .Also walking up hill and pacing myself. Also I have Epsom salt baths and drink fresh veg and fruit juices with baobab powder. I have had Fibro for 9 years now and do not take any medication.
  • Posted

Hi Laura, welcome to the club! Everyone with fibro feels different. Some of us take meds which can help, (I do). I also use magnesium flakes in a hot bath, (I find that really soothing). I don't avoid anything food wise, eating a healthy diet, with fresh fruit and vegetables, lean meat, oily fish, and nuts. I have a neck pillow, as I get a lot of pain in my neck. I swim once a week, but am unable to do any other exercise. I have osteoarthritis as well as fibro. The other thing I would say, is to be aware of your limitations, and pace yourself with daily activities. Hop this is of some help to you. Gentle hugs. x
    • Posted

Thank you for your comments: I really appreciate them, thanks Laura

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.