Any young people here with eye floaters not caused by PVD etc?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have several floaters in my eyes which my optician cannot observe as they are apparently in the "pre macular" area, making them highly mobile and visible.

They are all translucent strands/dots, apart from the odd one which has a light brown colouring.

I've had them about 2 months and am 24 - I do not think these type of floaters can be tuned out/ignored due to their size mobility and positioning.

Has anybody else here of a similar age experienced these Crystallised type floaters? Managed to cope?

I'm going insane I think!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, I believe anyone can get them and especially if youre short-sighted but personally mine were caused by a pvd at 50....but I do know of peoople in their 20s and 30s who have them. Its actually annoying when the eye doc tells you "your brain will eventually switch off from them", easier said than done !!!
    • Posted

It's just that I've heard young people's floaters are different to the ones caused by aging process of the eye in older people.

I sincerely doubt I will ever be able to ignore the ones I have!

• Posted

I understand, its hard......and I cant imagine how awful it is havn them so young, I know people whose floaters come and go but mine are with me 24/7, thats whats annoying....
    • Posted

Mine are too, apart from in the evenings or in the dark!

I'm looking into possibly having them treated if they do not get any better with time - cannot imagine living with them forever especially as they may get worse

• Posted

I feel for you! I had floaters young,have had the translucent ones also,i am now much older,59,2 pvds that are starting to control my life,i have sheets of floaters that are translucent and some that are hazy,plus one large dark one that doesnt bother me for some wierd reason. Mine either position themselves to make things blurry or shift back and forth. At night lights even bug me as areas go from clear to hazy. Wish they would find a safe easy inexpensive way to rid people of these. Take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.