anybody else have this happen?

Posted , 9 users are following.

I know that many here dont want to hear this, l understand.....but l am wondering if anybody else HS disappeared mine did....my doctor said this can happen and that it can also return....l am very thankful for this....GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU......I am praying for all of you and praying for a miracle

2 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I am very happy for you, that your HS disappeared. Certainly this is possible. After all, we weren't born with it. Certain things happened within the body that caused it to start. So if the right things happen within the body, it can also go away.

• Posted

I wish. What do you think may have caused it to disappear?

• Posted

Honestly......I have no idea........I only had them in the groin area....never under the arms

• Posted

I think some doctors misdiagnose HS, i had it for 10 years and i don't remember that it can go away. I heard the older you get it gets less inflamed, but as much research I did i feel like there are other type of HS then we are aware of it.

• Posted

hi did alot off my iwn resesrch tried lots off stuff , in the end it was my hormones i went on the pill and its completely stoped which is completely crazy and i was getting golf ball size boils every month , all i can say is dont give up x

• Posted

what is name of the pill ? and what is wrong with hormones ? if you can please share so we can check if it will help us

• Posted

hi 😊 , to this day i dont know exactly they said hormones test are unpredictable so they didn't recommend it , i had a episode off it 14 years ago whilst pregnant in my groin then it went left scarrring , then 4 years ago it come up out off the blue again but in my arm pits bum , and over time i figured out i thought it could be around when i have a cycle and my hourmones were getting the better off me i was up and down so i went on the mini pill pedestrian only pill and its completely stoped ive been free 6 months , but i would like to add that i also have a staff infection on my skin constantly which are little white blister spots and can actually turn into boils sometimes i manage to keep it under control by using hibiscus every day and having bleach baths in and out , the docs have no answers for me its crazy so i kinda gave up with them

• Posted

I had my first boil around my first period, it was my 12th birthday. I couldn't sit normal!

And that was it till my 14th, then it went nasty, gotten all sorts of stuff from my doctor, nothing seemed to work. When I was 17 I saw a different doctor and he gave me a stronger anticonception pill. This really worked for quite some years.

I have times with and without boils. I've finally realized my boils flare up if I eat too much chocolate. I'm 39 now and still on the strong pill. And oh boy when I let myself go on chocolate!

I take zinc supplements, magnesium and sometimes L-Carnitine.

Magnesium helps with chocolate cravings. I think zinc helps with wound healing and not having breakouts.

Also the L-Carnitine had helped me on the past, I would get tiny breakouts ( my butt was covered in tiny red spots) but not big boils.

I also had Graves Disease (fast thyroid) I'm in remission now.

• Posted

Hi all,

Don't know whether someone still reads this forum, but my HS has disappeared. Haven't had a single flare up/boil in about a year. Changed my lifestyle and that might have worked.

• Posted

Hi! i stumbled upon this post and i am hoping you will respond. Can you share the changes you made please? Thank you in advance.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.