Anyone been on Adalimumab?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Due to cancelled operations, I went too long between Infliximab infusions and my doctors believe I've built up too many antibodies to Infliximab.

So they want to start me on Adalimumab, specifically Imraldi.

Does anyone have any experience with this self-injections using the pen thingy?

Any side effects to be wary of? any tips for jabbing yourself in the leg with a needle? 😂

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I self inject Amgevita. I find my stomach less painful but to be honest it only stings a little anyway.

No side effects just drink lots of water the day before. Its an easy method so good luck and go for it

• Posted

Hi Jamie, yes i have been on Humria injections 4 years ago did nothing for my crohn's flare up. So, I am on Infliximab infusion for second timed around cancelled my infusion on 11th May due to the covid-19.

• Posted

Hi! I'm so sorry to hear you're having a rough time. I've been on most biological drugs now as I keep making antibodies too. I found humira really quite good, it's vital to stick to the schedule though. I was fine until I had the flu and wasn't allowed to inject when I finally did inject my schedule was off and I created antibodies within two months. As with other posts make sure you take in as much fluid in the day before. I injected on an evening as I found it made me sleepy but the pain is a sting lasting only a second. Go for the tum rather than the leg!! Maybe give yourself chance to recover afterwards lots of rest and water especially in the beginning. I chose Friday evening because of work. Are you on aza too? If so, try to eat and take your aza before you inject I found it helpful. Personally, humira was my favourite of all of the mabs and easiest to get used to.

Good luck mate, let us know how you get on

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.