Anyone else have roller coaster days?

Posted , 4 users are following.

back story 

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/16-months-and-still-lost-not-lyme-disease-now-cfs-i-refuse-to-believe-466565?page=0#1733301

I was getting better back in Oct for the first time in over a year but stress of school has me pinned and break out into 1-3 panic attacks daily lasting 1-4 hours each.

I can break out into a panic attack for no reason but they rarely go to 100% (only three times this year)

Some days its just the mental feeling of heart racing, shortness of breathe, dizzy. Then I check my BP and its completly fine.

Other times its worse my body twitches uncontrolably, weakness legs, cloged sinus etc.

I am rarely tried anymore, only during an attack and then I am filled with energy after a panic attack. 

Does anyone else experience this?

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I forgot to add, I am fighting a virus or flu atm, my feet are super cold like ice then go hot at anytime. My chest is warm and my forehead is warm.
  • Posted

Ug so forgetful I forgot to add one of my recent 100% panic attacks happen this week. I was at the store walking around, limpy legs, slured speech, went home and was testing my blood levels (GP gave it to me to make sure nothing is wrong with my blood levels and I was 104 blood levels after I had my panic attack) I just broke down and started shaking and crying from trying prick my finger. Only lasted about 3 minutes and it went away then had insane amount of energy surge.
    • Posted

Hi there again,

Am so sorry to hear things have turned from feeling better in October. Yo answer your question, yes, rollercoaster ride here too. As you say you're ill too which will make everything feel worse. Be really gentle with yourself. Tell yourself you're ok even when you feel you're not with this condition. I know you were very fit and active before and hope you have cut back on this for a little while while you recover. I met someone this week who only had this for 2 years. Others too who have it for a short amount of time. Don't give up hope but do give up things that add extra stress at the moment.

Best wishes

B

• Posted

That's very hopeful that you were getting better in October. Is there anything you can do to reduce the school stress? The last thing you want is for this illness to progress, which can happen if you push yourself or get too stressed.
    • Posted

Not really, I am behind and trying to catch up but everytime I do I break into another attack. I have gotten some work done in the past few days though.
  • Posted

Hi Imsolost. 

Interesting read, im relatively new to the symptoms and still getting to grips with it or at least trying to do so. 

My issues actually started in may 2014 which was due to the onset of cancer at the time, but have been consitantly tiered since treatment ended in Spetmber 2014 with brain fog.  I cannot tell you if my issues are connected but just over 6 weeks ago these problams all became worse. I had gone from manageable to extremely unmanageable and overnight which is where it has stayed since. 

A good day for me is not being in pain.  Im always tiered regardless of how much sleep I get but the pain I think is worst only due to being so tiered. 

One thing you say is that you get filled with energy following a panic attack.  I'm wondering it that's adrenaline.  Your body's natrual defence, your heart beats faster supplying oxygenated blood to your organs and muscles enabling you to move faster in a fight or flight defence. 

Personally speaking I'd love to not feel tiered even if it was for a day. 

hope you get better soon 

regards

Andy

Hope you feel better soon. 

• Posted

Hi Andrew. I was just put on zolof last week from my doctor, it has been a 180. My panic attacks come and go but lessen. I can acutally function now in the day and get work done. Phsyical is still limited and I am not tried. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.