Anyone not gained weight?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Just wondering if there is anyone who didn't gain weight on the Venlaflaxine or lost weight. I've read a lot of horror stories

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Gained Gained. N sure if thei I comfort eating/ increased appetite or what bu I've put on almost three stone which is going to be the next part of me I attend to after stopping venlafaxine. I never had a weight problem before taking antidepressants sad  
  • Posted

I've lost weight. From June of last year until one week ago tomorrow, I'll have lost right at 12 pounds. I lost both of my legs in 2006, so I'm unable to just hop out of my wheelchair and onto some sort of levetating scale, so I can't weigh too often.

So, yes, I did not gain weight and, yes, I did lose weight. I know that it's more common to gain weight - are those the horror stories that you're hearing? Well, it's not always true. I've been taking one type of antidepressant or another for 31 years and have never had a weight gain attributed to an antidepressant.

• Posted

Hi .. I've not gained any weight on Venlafaxine (currently on 225mg) Been taking it in varying doses for a year.

It hasn't affected my weight at all, but I have never had any particular weight gain on any antidepressant. 

All the best, & I wouldn't let the list of side effects put you off any medication you thikn might help you.

Venlafaxine is hte only med that has helped my depression at all (this was the 5th I had tried), & I have tapered off it aswell which I did find horriffic - but have still gone back to it as it is the only thing that has ever helped me.

Good luck.

Xx

• Posted

I have been thru 3 antidepressants since november I ended up on effexor I lost a total of 35 lbs from anxiety.. 15 of which can from effexor side effects. It made me nausea n not hungry at all.. I would have to set my alarm to remember to eat.. I still don't have an appetite till this day. 2months on effexor.. they say lexapro makes you gain weight too.. I never gained a pound. It effects everyone differently
  • Posted

Thanks for the feedback!! I was losing when on Zoloft but was a zombie so I've been on Effexor and I love what it's doing for me but I am always hungry and eating like crazy lol I still haven't lost my baby weight and I saw a lot of reviews that people gain like crazy even watching their diet. It's comforting to know that's not always the case
  • Posted

I've been on 225mg venlafaxine with 30mg mirtazapine for more than 6 years and not gained any weight.
  • Posted

I did not gain or lose any weight. Was on Venlafaxine for 12 years in total. Neither did i gain or lose after stopping! smile
  • Posted

Hi, I  lost about 5 lbs initially but felt queasy for several months whilst getting used to venlafaxine. I did have weight gain with clomipramine but I was taking it for years  and strangely had almost instant weight gain and feeling of heavy legs (!) with Zispin - hated it!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.