Anyone on Carbimazole experience joint pain & pins& needles

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have only been on the medication 10 days but have sore joints & pins & needles in both feet! Is this a common side effect?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yes. I didn't have pins and needless but very very painful joins. That lasted about 2-3mounths, when I mention this to my endocrinologist, he said that it's nothing to do with condition or its treatment. I was very annoyed and looked for answer on forums similar to this one. Carbomizole does this. Your body is under shook from this strong substance and this is haw if reacts-alarm you.

If you are prepared to wait and safer till your body gets used to it will be worth it.

I know you can't bear this any more and feel absolutely awfully but sometimes this is the best way.

I have finished my treatment 5 mounts ago and so far so good my tests are all good.

Good luck I hope you get better soon x

• Posted

Thanks for that Marta! I am on other medication so it could be the combination! I will persevere!

Lindsay

• Posted

You welcome Lindsay

I always get the name of it wrong-Carbimazole.

I hope you will have successful recovery. X

• Posted

I had the same feeling. Could not even walk because of this and if I had to call for help it was with the help of the emergency pendant which I worn around the neck, by Alarmcare in Canada. But I guess this is absolutely normal and you will soon get well with the help of further medication!
  • Posted

Thanks Julio. I have had such a lot of symptoms relating to sub clinical hyperthyroidism I am beginning to forget what it feels like to feel normal.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.