Anyone taking Lansoprazole 60mg daily for Acid Reflux

Posted , 7 users are following.

My dose of Lansoprazole has just been increased to 60mg daily from 30mg daily

4 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Julie

I was on 60mg but that was just while I was waiting for an operation. I was told you can't be on that dose forever but to be honest it didn't do anything anyway.

I had the Nissen fundoplication on 23rd September and haven't had any medication since.

Louise

• Posted

Hello Louise what is Nissan fundoplication please.  My husband has been on 60 mg sine August.thanks.  Dee l
    • Posted

Hi please can you tell me what symptoms you had that made you have the Nissen op. I have had acid in mouth for two years with no relief from any PPI s. I have now been referred for the same op and need to know if there is anything else that will cure me rather than this operation.
    • Posted

Hi

I had many symptoms with the main one been a chronic cough which I had for 8 years. I felt sick and tired all the time and had a horrible taste in my mouth.

I had a 360 wrap and he repaired a hiatus hernia. I was quite worried about the op but i don't regret it as I have had no symptoms since except a bit of coughing and throats clearing but nothing like I had before the op.

Nothing worked for me and so the op was my last hope of getting my life back xx

• Posted

Thankyou for your reply. When you said you had a bad taste in your mouth was it sour. Also did you take PPI,s as I am on Omeprazole but no effect.

consultant has referred me for wrap so I am hopeful after your comments. I can't drink wine anymore as I feel ill after it. Bad burning in mouth all the time.

• Posted

Yes sour and sometimes like a metal taste too. I was on 60mg of lanzoprozole that did nothing and since my op I haven't taken anything.

I don't really drink alcohol anymore to be honest as I got so use to not drinking it as I felt sick all the time.

I have another appointment with my consultant next month and then I think they will discharge me.

I have definitely got my life back after the op but just have to eat smaller portions and can cope with that.

I haven't been back the gym yet but will be back next week.

Let me know how you get on

X

• Posted

Although the normal low maintenance dose of lansoprazole is 30mg a day (equivalent to 20 mg omeprazole), 60mg (high dose) is often required by some.

I was on 80mg omperazole (equivaent to 120mg ansorazole) for a few years before reflux reduction surgery (fundoplication) meant I am now medication free.

• Posted

Sir, I remember that you wrote somewhere being 15 years in total on PPI's (no matter the dose). Have you been on the daily for 15 years or did you have breaks?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.