Anyone with LPR (Silent Reflux) experienced irritated eyes?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone, I have been experiencing irritated (burning and strained eyes that make a clicking sound when I blink them) for the past 13 months. Did multiple allergy courses, got a paranasal CT scan and allergy test and everything seemed to be clear. Recently I started experiencing Post Nasal Drip, excessive phlegm and globus in my throat (on the left side) and my left ear also randomly feels like it's closing and opening.

I started searching the symptoms and learnt about LPR and I am pretty certain I have that. The only symptom that I haven't really seen people talk about is irritated eyes (although there are some studies suggesting the correlation).

Tldr; has anyone with LPR experienced irritated/burning eyes and/or random foreign body sensations in the eyes? Or anyone who has seen someone else experience it?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I don't know for sure that I have LRP but doctors think I have silent reflux (not confirmed). I also get burning feeling in my eyes, not loads, but occasionally. It reminds me of when my mum used to use a deep fat fryer in the house when I was young and you'd feel like the fat was getting in your eyes! I have had this for a while but doctor only started seriously considering LRP as I also have feelings of excessive phlegm in throat and feel constant need to clear my throat, its especially worse after eating. Like you allergy tests are clear, I have asthma but my peak flow scores are totally normal, so now exploring LRP.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.