aortic aneurysm of the heart 4.6 cm

Posted , 4 users are following.

hello i was diagnosed aortic aneurysm of the heart 4.6 cm and also i have hypertenzion and high cholesterol level.. i am 32 years old guy .. i am so scared sad dont know what to do .. i am living in a small country ( georgian republic)

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Giorgi the first thing I will say is although you are very young to have this you certainly have age on your side..I though I was young at 58 and having a 6.5cm aortic aneurysm.. although in my case it could only be fixed by evar 4 weeks ago as I am to ill in health to have a full opp struggling a bit at the moment but getting there slowly hopefully you are not and it could be repaired and have a full normal life..the main thing is it has been found especialy as at the moment as it is not so large so chin up mate and I wish you all the best..

Harry

• Posted

Hi georgi,

To be scared is totally normal but 

please don't panic even though it seems as though life will never be the same.

You have youth on your side which is excellent.

I was found to have an Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm in 2011 and I am now 64 years old with hardening of the arteries,where I can hardly walk due to blocked arteries in my left leg.

I had a fem to fem operation to help with the leg problem but that failed after 6 months.

The aneurysm is still only 3.6 cms now but I was given the oportunity to be operated on even though it was really far too small,but I refused the operation because that would surely be the finale for me.

So I live with a painful leg that I can cope with I suppose but rest assured even though you are in a small country,at least they are aware of your condition and can make sure that you stay as well as possible if or when the aneurysm grows to a reasonable size.

You will be fine..I hope they are giving you medication for the hypertention and the cholesterol.

Best of luck and all will be well I am sure.

Best wishes

Cynthia

• Posted

Hello Giorgi 

i agree with Harry and Cynthia.  I was 43 when they found my aortic root 8.8cm and my aortic valve had totally stopped working making my heart bleed back in on itself (severe aortic regurgitation).

i was operated on within two days and they replaced my aortic root and I also have a mechanical valve now.  I really didn't know what to think at the time, perhaps I was in denial or shock, I'm not quite sure but it was over before I knew it therefore, I didn't have time to feel anything so I feel for you knowing in advance.

However, the hospital staff will really look after you, you'll find yourself amazed how good they are, you'll be in very safe hands.  My surgery was six years ago now and apart from being reliant on warfarin and having a scan every year, my life is normal, I was amazed how well everything went. I went back to work full time three months after my operation.

i don't drink alcohol anymore due to my warfarin but that's a tiny sacrifice considering the alternative. My kids even think I'm bionic so it's all good and you find yourself with a different perspective on life.  You'll be fine Giorgi, I really do wish you all the very best and good health long into the future.  

Just look after yourself now, you'll live as long as anyone else, I have every faith in you, be strong and look to the future. I wish you a long and happy life.

Lee

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.