Aortic dissection...chance of reoccurring I had

Posted , 2 users are following.

i had an aortic dissection 7 years ago...I still worry it could reoccur. nobody wants to talk about it... apparently it was traumatic before my husband and my 28 year old son , the only 2 there at the time.is it wierd for me to wanna talk about it?

It was a symptomatic,,i have and had controlled hypertension,and depression.thats it. i went to bed that night, had a terrible bad dream which woke me up.

horrible stabbbing chestpain had he tell my husband to call 911 at 3:00 am the rest is usual what they do, although they almost missed it ,thinking had they had a blocked artery... which ordrering a CT scan cleared up what they needed to do...i just wonder could it happen again.....

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I understand where you're at with this. I had an aortic dissection three years ago and they cracked me open and fixed me up but I worry about recurrance too. I also have an aortic root aneurysm to worry about too.

from what I've read, it is possible for a dissection to recur or the original dissection to dissect further, although I think it's unusual for that to happen. that's why the doctors have you on beta blockers and probably blood pressure meds too. I have CT scans once a year now to look for look for problems.

you're seven years out from your dissection now. you must be doing something right. about all we can do is take our meds, follow doctor's orders, and hope for the best.

don't spend too much time worrying about it (I'm trying to follow my own advice!) and enjoy life. you're depressed so it is very important that you get treated. your depression is probably a bigger risk to your health right now than your risk of another dissection.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.