are my issues caused by fibroids?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all, I need advice/reassurance! I went to the doctors after having a dizzy spell which knocked me off my feet for a few days, I felt lightheaded nauseaus and generally unwell although I wasn't sick. The long and short is he had a feel of my abdomen and I was sent for a scan because he thought I had a fibroid which was pretty much what the nurse who did the scan said, it's just the one but it's 5 inches big. Anyway over the past 2 months these symptoms have come and gone, Dr seems to think they're generic symptoms and doesn't seem concerned and said they could be unrelated. Last period was late and quite heavy and due on again now but no sign yet. Could it be that the fibroid is just starting to take its toll? Really very worried about my health right now 😢

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

It should be the fibroid i say. Fibroids causes heavy bleeding depending on the location. There are also other causes of heavy bleeding. But research more on fibroids so you will have better understanding or knowledge about it.
    • Posted

Thank you for taking the time to reply it's just things seem to take so long to happen what with tests and waiting! Sounds daft to hope for an illness but I hope that this is the fibroid so that I can get an answer, also my symptoms have just started so hoping if it is anything else I've caught it early. I'm just a bit of a slave to Google and have got myself diagnosed with all sorts!
    • Posted

I was readi g everyday to know best natural procedure for fibroid. If there is a way not to do surgery i will take that way. Its so disappointing the waiting of test etc.. so before my hysteroscopy i am trying the suggestions of some ladies. Im eating spinach daily to increase hemoglobin so have much iron to avoid dizziness.. also good diet..
  • Posted

It might be the fibroid, but it might not. You don't say whether the dizziness and nausea occurs around your period, but if it does and you have a very heavy flow, you could be low on iron, or be suffering from low blood pressure. Perhaps your Dr tested for that? Fibroids don't always cause heavy periods, some do not cause symptoms at all. I had a large fibroid and many smaller ones, and at first diagnosis I had no idea I even had them. Mine started to press on my bladder and was taking up too much space basically, which is why I had it removed.Try not to worry too much about the fibroid, they are very common and don't always cause problems. However, if the feelings of being unwell continue I would go back to your GP try to get to the bottom of that. Perhaps keep a diary of when you experience dizziness and nausea, and be sure to drink plenty of fluids and rest around your period.
    • Posted

The dizziness (or more lightheaded and general ill feeling) isn't specific to ny period although comes and goes in sort of a pattern and has been back and forth for about 6 weeks!
  • Posted

May clearly be anemia.  Simple blood test, ask your doc for it asap!
  • Posted

Dizziness sounds very much like anaemia which can be caused by fibroids or heavy periods and your Doctor needs arrange a blood test to check. You may then be given iron tablets and advice on diet by your Doctor to help. I used to suffer dizziness from fibroids and had to change my diet and take iron supplements. Also is your fibroids 5 inches or 5cm as if its 5 inches then thats is considered a large fibroid and will need to be dealt with as fibroids do get bigger over time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.