Are these symptoms of an ulcer?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Do these symptoms make sense for a duodenal ulcer?

Nausea, fatigue, emotional upset, dull aching pain in left mid abdomen after eating. Some heartburn, but not much.

Just wondering if others had these symptoms.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

No they do not.

Eating usually alleviates Duodenal Ulcer pain.

I would hesitate to suggest a diagnosis just on those symptoms but a Gastric (Stomach) Ulcer would be more likely to give pain after food than a Duodenal Ulcer.

• Posted

I had a duodenal ulcer and felt the pain just under the rib cage always felt if I ate something it would ease the pain but it didn't, usually made it worse. Can't say I felt sick or tired. Go see your GP and get referred for an endoscopy
  • Posted

My ulcer has been with me for the past 9 weeks, I have very similar symptoms as you, I would advise you to see your doctor, and change your diet, good luck 
  • Posted

Hi Camas

I'm very sorry about your pain. It's no fun and very wearing.

No doubt they'll give you an endoscopy.

And it would be very interesting for us to learn of the outcome.

Derek

• Posted

I am feeling the same thing. I have been told i have an ulcer a few years. And would precribe me omeprazole but would never take them. The thing is it doesnt hurt when i eat food. I could be laying down and all of a sudden i get a sharp pain. What i also notice is that when i pull my self up from laying down like in a pull up postition my upper stomach where i get sharp pains it attends to cramp up badly so i have to rub really hard to stop the cramping.
    • Posted

I get this but have no diognosis do you think this is definitely from ulcers, my pain is slightly to the left, it cramps up bending.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.