Arthroscopy and dashboard knew

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had a bad car accident 18 months ago and fractured my patella and damaged a lot of cartilage in my knee . both knees had cartilage damage and I had terrible burning pain for months and months. I have made a ton of progress but still cannot take walks or work a normal day in my building with pain in my left knee. My doctor has set me up for arthroscopy and chondroplasty the end of August and I am scared to death. I have made so much progress since the accident I had done so well but my last me just can't seem to go on and get anything close to normal. because of the complications of the last year-and-a-half and the difficulty at work I don't know how I can go on if something doesn't change although I'm keenly aware of all the progress I've made and I'm wondering should I just cancel surgery Whited out and take you to a little dabs of progress a little at a time or go ahead and have it. I've read so so many horror stories online.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hi paige

just saw your post

i am not in the same group as you, mine was a 360 degree shoulder release. like you i had progress well with me injury.

i had gone with my heart and had to think long term when i retire. the on set of arthritis or similar.

i had taken a small loan out to pay for private physio. just finished last of 40 one hour sessions.

shoulders are crappy things with no stability. deep down everyone in our position knows when injured where they have to head to. to recover

research your operation post op and plan. and have a positive mind set. i got told off by the wife twice when i hit low points.

get some positive support around you. and do as you are told.

good luck and stay positive. you can do this

colin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.