AS and sore chest throat etc...

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi

I was diagnosed with AS many years ago and tend to blame everything on it as yet another trouble spot!! I tend to have trouble spots which set up and tend to plague me until it burns itself out, sometimes weeks sometimes years, and no return to the same area. It's usually triggered off by anything worse than a cold virus or in my childbearing years by the mechanics of childbirth. My present trouble spot is a burning sore sensation in my chest which moves up and down my digestive tract and also into my throat and ears and sometimes my arm. My back also burns but only when pressed against something. This started four years ago and was put down to acid reflux, ppi's to inhibit acid didn't work, I said at the time that I thought it was connected to my AS, because I also have rib tenderness. The described symptoms have come and gone over the years, it's back again and this time I am wondering if it is down to a pretty bad cold virus that I had a few weeks ago. Can anyone else relate to this and share their thoughts and experience. The chest soreness goes away when walking, which I think indicates the AS.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.