Asacol - red/brown urine occasionally?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Anyone else?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I was on Asacol and had the same problem ( red/brown marks on knickers). I asked the nurse and she said it had nothing to do with tablets, but I had never experienced anything like that before. So booked an appointment with Doctor and the first thing she said was are you sure it was not from your rear. I had taken a photo as I knew this was going to be the question and you know your body best.

Ended up having an internal to make sure nothing was wrong. All fine.

I changed hospitals and wrote down questions I wanted to ask consultant and that was one of them and he confirmed it can happen due to coating on tablets and to increase fluid intake.

He also changed my medication to Octasa which is another make with less side affects and have felt much better - no makes, tiredness now

Hope you get sorted too

• Posted

Stains on the toilet too!! And thanks for your reply, my nurse doesn't see how it could affect irons but makes so much sense!
  • Posted

Yes me too. Its nice to know I am not alone, as doctor/nurse dont believe it!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.