Ascending Aortic Aneurysm

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi,

I am pretty healthy 44 year male that just got diagnosed with Ascending Aortic Aneurysm of 4.2 cm. Ever since I found that out I have not been able to come down event though I know that the threshold for surgery is 5.5 cm. I just had my blood pressure jump from 120/80 to 160/100 so my doctor sent me to a cardiologist that did a CT scan where we discovered the aneurysm. I was trying to trace my steps in life and between the ages of 23 and 30 I was lifting a lot of weights so I am wondering if I enlarged my aorta then and we are discovering this now. The other thing that I am wondering is if anybody else has similar experience and how they cope with this. Two of the things I enjoy doing the most are tennis and skiing and I am afraid to do any of that since I don't know if they are what they call 'moderate' exercise and I am doing everything possible to keep my aneurysm from growing. I am seeing my cardiologist next month and I will share what he says but I did not take this news lightly and I would like to know how other people dealt with this issue and possibly if someone can share after surgery results and lifestyle since I would like to know as much as possible.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.