Asending desending and arche

Posted , 2 users are following.

back in 2015 i had a massive disection of both the assending and desending and the arch it was about 12 hours to getto the hospital in Calgary alberta. canada. i was very Lucky to have DR. Appo there to save my life he said he had to get creative rebuilding my aorta. after i was told that it was heriditary but nobody in my family going back 3 generations has any history of this. I was on bypass for over 12 hours and am dealing with spinal problemes. about 8 month prior to this i got electricuted and had 6000 volt go through me three times but the doctor says this couldn't have anything to do with my disection. My question is has anybody heard of a prior electrical injury have any effect on an aorta.

Thanks and sorry about the spelling.

Ken

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I have read that physical stress can trigger dissection, a car wreck, impact to the chest, weight-lifting, etc. especially in those predisposed or with familial history of dissection. I do not have a family history of dissection (but, like you, started one by being the first in my family history to have an aortic dissection). Mine started with a previously unknown 5.3cm aneurysm of the ascending thoracic aorta which dissected spontaneously. I can imagine how getting blasted with 6000 volts of electricity could cause an aneurysm to dissect.

• Posted

my electrocution was a workplace accident so i was covered by workers comp so when they talked to the doctor he reported that he had never seen it so then it could not be caused by the electricity. therefore no coveridge for me. thats why im asking thanks for your input.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.