Atorvastatin 20 mgs, muscle and leg weakness, cramps

Posted , 7 users are following.

My husband has been taking Atorvastatin for many years. He has another condition, chronic venous insufficiency, which we thought was causing his shuffling gait because of muscle and leg weakness and cramps. We have e mailed the GP asking if he can come off this for a few months to see if things improve. His last result was 3.8 at his type II diabetic check up.

Anyone suffering with these symptoms who can offer some advice please.

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Barneybear - I was on Artorvastatin for 2 years at the highest dosage. Poisoned from the inside out. It has taken four years - alone - to climb past the multiple damages the poison and the negligent, self-interested "doctors" inflicted on me.

Rhabdomyelosis - an irreversible muscle wasting disease - is only one of the possible injuries of using statins. Other issues include type-2 diabetes (was your husband T2 before the statins?), inflamed liver, joint aches, phantom itches, excema, hair loss, bloating, memory loss (dementia is another side effect because the brain - 26% cholesterol - is starved of a fundamental component necessary for proper functioning) - these are some of the conditions I endured while the healthy system denied, denied, denied, that statins caused any of it. I had none of these anomolies in the 50 years prior to the poisoning.

My advice as a survivor of the statin lie is to suggest to your husband that he stop taking the statins totally and wait to see the result. I predict that within days he will feel better within himself, mood lighter, more positivity. There is no evidence that statins will prevent strokes or heart attacks. Diet, exercise, and investigation are the things that will help you. Has the doc instructed your husband to use Co-Enzyme Q10?

• Posted

I took myself off statins 3 months ago and I also take Co-enzyme Q10 to help my body heal after being on statins fir 8 years. I buy and it myself and its not cheap.

Statins work by destroying CQ10, which is essential for cell production and repair. I was on staatins for 5 years before i started with angina so they did nothing to prevent my disease and theres sufficient evidence to say that they probably caused it. Your husband should stop taking them and see the GP to say that he wants his lipids to be monitored but only to watch the triglycerides and HDL because they are the only lipids that need watching.

Read The Pioppi Diet by Dr Aseem Malhotra and it will tell you everything you need to know about cholesterol and the diet you need to follow to prevent, and possibky reverse, T2 diabetes and manage your blood lipids. Your husbands cholesterol is very low. Why was he put on statins?

• Posted

Thank you both. He was prescribed statins at least eight years ago, could be 10 because of high cholesterol. Was diagnosed T2 diabetes watch and wait about five years ago and Metformin about a year ago. That's when his cholesterol is checked. The last reading was in June this year. Do you get the CQ10 on Amazon? Are they all the same or is there a better one I should look out for.

Really appreciate your replies.

• Posted

The stronger strength is for older people so i take that one. I think the trade name is Ubiquitol. I don't intend to take it for ever but im taking it for possibly the first year to help put right the damage caused by statins.

• Posted

I had to come off atorvarstatin due to very low blood pressure.. And since then have been on 3 other statins and have had to come off due to muscle pain.. Each time after many years of use.. He needs to ask to change his station to another

• Posted

Sorry station.. Predictive txts

• Posted

Quite agree.. My last was simverstatin came off 2 months ago.. Muscle pain stops quickly..

• Posted

You all are invited to read my contribution to your theme by

searching for

statin-problem.org

• Posted

Hi Barneybear,

I'm back on this forum after a 2 year lapse . . . and I'm going the rounds again with them trying various statins on me . . . all of which produce muscle and joint pain. Atorvastatin was one of the ones they tried on me and with the same painful results. Just wanted to share with you that, for myself, I have pretty much decided to let the chips fall where they may and give up on any sort of statin therapy. For one thing I' ve read that the hype about high cholesterol causing heart attacks and strokes is to a large extent fabricated. In addition, at age 74, I have the right to choose quality of life over length of life. Hope this is helpful Barneybear and good luck to you !

• Posted

I've just started statins again after the first time causing pain ,now after 3 months its started again ,every bone aches ,even my fingers are painful, doc says it's not statins and I had blood tests fir arthritis but all came back negative , don't know whether to come off them again, could I be doing more harm ???

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.