Atrophic Vaginitis

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have been using the vitamin E suppositories and they are really proving some soothing relief.  I also have my appointment made for the Mona Lisa Laser consult.  Very anxious to know more,  Thrilled I have found a provider 30 minutes away.  Have to get a code from the doctor to see if insurance will cover when I go.  WIll keep you all posted on results.

2 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lynne. I'm wondering why this came through as a "new discussion". This is what confuses me about this board. You are the same Lynne that has been part of the ongoing discussion about the Mona Lisa treatment right? Actually weren't you the person who first brought it to our attention and asked if anyone knew anythin about it?
  • Posted

Where did you get the vitamin E suppositories? So glad you are getting sorted out. I bought some Vit E capsules and tried poking them with a pin and spreading the oil on that way but found it very messy. I didn't know you could get suppositories. Are you in the UK?
    • Posted

Hi Sally id like to know where to get them too. im in the UK

Sue

• Posted

Sally they sell them hear Key-E Suppositories with Natural Vitamin E, 24 Soothing Insertsby Carlson on Amazon

Sue

• Posted

Hi Sally,

Any pharmacy can order the suppositories for you. My Walgreen pharmacy helped me. I am in the US not sure what resources you hhave in the UK.

• Posted

Thanks Lynn. I have found them on Amazon. Will order and try them in place of the Vagifem I get ftom yhe Doc. It wd be nice to use a natural cure rather than something manufactured by chemists 😊
  • Posted

Lynne26872  I am very interested to find out what they tell you when you got for the Mona Lisa Laser consult.  I had it suggested to me but it is very expensive here ... and I don't know if my insurance will cover the cost.  Also, my doctor has said that the AV is healing  for me yet my problems flair up and I am back to square one - in my mind.  The urinary discomfort is just so darn terrible that it has me wondering constantly if I have a UTI again.  I end up thinking I should go to the doctor every other week for a check for that.  I am very curious to see if the Mona Lisa Laser process would help with that....my doctor tells me that the urinary atrophy is harder to heal because it is a much deeper tissue issue.  Anyway, I wish you the very best luck in the world with the consult!  Please share the info you get if you would....I am sure there are others that wonder about it too.  By the way, I do use Vitamin E once a day - plus coconut oil externally.  I am wondering if I should up the Vit E to 2 or 3 times instead.  How often do you use it? 
    • Posted

Hi Pat,

Thank you so much for your well wishes. I am so hopeful this will be the answer I need to feel normal again. The box of vitamin E suppositories I have say you can use them twice a day internally which I am doing. Morning and night. My first appointment is a consult so I will have to make the decision to go further after that but I have made the decision to get it done insurance or no insurance. We spend money on new cars, vacations, and things that are not nearly important as our helath. I will post my results after. In the mean time if you gals want to google Mona LIsa Laser Forum you can listen to testimonials from women who have already had this done. It's quite encouraging.

• Posted

Lynne, are the vit E suppositories preferable to using a vitamin gel cap? Is the content any thinner?
    • Posted

Not sure I have not used the capsules. The suppositories are very easy to use.
  • Posted

HI Lynne are these not the right things then?

Key-E Suppositories with Natural Vitamin E, 24 Soothing Insertsby Carlson on Amazon UK

Sue

• Posted

Hi I too find the Vit E suppositories/pessaries good and use 2-3 a week however I find organic coconut oil - any supermarket or health food shop - to be the best at soothing and make my own pessaries.

Basically get a cheap rubber ice cube tray melt the oil gently (only takes a minute or so) and fill.  Leave to set overnight.  Either chop them in half/quarter and freeze or as I do put the tray in the icecube compartment of the freezer

Pop one out when the burning is really severe and nothing else works.  Just leave for a short while before inserting - absolute bliss and really soothes takes all that burning away  Messy though so make sure you are lying down and have some protection paper towels etc.

• Posted

What a great suggestion for making inserts with coconut oil!  I am going to do that for sure ... Thank you!
    • Posted

Hi Pat on a hot day or when symptoms are bad nothing beats it in my opinion.  Just make sure you leave them to thaw a little I would not like you to get frostbite as well, painful enough without that.
    • Posted

I use coconut oil for the outer skin which is very hydrating. What a brilliant suggestion for using internally. Great idea.

Please update about the Mona Lisa treatment I'm seriously considering it depending on how many treatments, how long the effects last. Plus side effects of course I guess it's not free here in the UK under NHS.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.