Autumn 'fever' - anyone else got it?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,  every Autumn for years now I get these symptoms: really sore ear, nose, throat.  It's worse some years than others and in a bad year, like this year, progresses to extreme fatigue and mailaise and sever brain fog.  Spring is another really bad time for me but then it's my breathing that's affected most of all.  I immagine there is some sort of allergic response going on here and I and as well as natural flora I'm beginning to suspect that the stuff they spray on the fields near where I live might be causing a problem too.  I recently said to my husband that I was noticing that horrible farmyard stench in the air and was wondering what would happen to me as a result.  Now a week or two down the line i feel absolutely dreadful.  Has anyone else ever had that happen to them.  Summer and winter are usually pretty good for me as long as I don't do too much ie the CFS is mild and allows me to get out and about and be reasonably active but it's definitely at these transition times of the year that I suffer the most.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi mom,I suffer with dizziness bit last few years I have had same symptoms as you but this year my eyes are stingy and are itchy,I use cellavist over counter as cheaper for me and optivive nasal decongestant as I'm completely blocked, had this 3 weeks now and worse today,never know if I have a cold or not,hope you get well soon,lisa
    • Posted

Thanks a lot Lisa.  Like you I use a nasal decongestant but  herbal one because the ones with steroids make my nose bleed.  I've taken to my bed the last few days as I find when it gets as bad as this complete rest for a few days is the only thing that really makes a difference.  Feeling a bit better today but intend to take it really easy as long as this lasts.  Hope you feel better soon.  
  • Posted

Mo, I get the same way. I, too, attribute it to allergies. I feel utterly dreadful right now. I have a sore throat, a headache, am achy, and itchy sinuses. I am so exhausted that I am seeing in double. However, when I check the pollen count, it is really low. But the atmospheric pressure is really high. That might be what is tearing me apart. Good luck.
    • Posted

Hello there! Thanks for your reply.  I do find it comforting to know that I am not the only one with these weird symptoms - even though I wouldn't wish this on you or anyone of course!  I was tallking to my son yesterday, he's a physicist, and he was wondering if it was something to do with the changes in temperature at this time of year and in the spring so maybe you are right about atmospheric pressure being involved.  I just wish someone could identify the problem for sure so we could do something about it.  Good luck and hope you  - and me! - will be feeling a lot better soon.
  • Posted

Hi Mo, I always get a virus over both Equinox's. I think it's my body dealing with the change of temperature.  My daughter has allergies (hay fever and dust mites) yet her allergy symptoms improve greatly with the Equinox. Her worst times are Hay fever season and over winter. Also, my fatigue is affected by extremes of weather, so winter and summer, I am worse than in autumn and spring (even with dealing with the viruses).  Just seen that your son thinks it may be due to changes in temerature too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.