Avoiding Total Knee Replacement After Arthroscopy Tips

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello! Haven't been here since my L TKR , but now I'm now dealing with serious issues with the right. I just had arthroscopy 5 days ago where 90% of my medial meniscus was removed (tear from the root). Lateral meniscus was also damaged and I have almost Grade 3 arthritis with a big ulcer and bad inflammation throughout the knee. My new surgeon and PT (who I both love) feel I will need a TKR, the question is how long can we hold off with strengthening, arthritis treatment, etc. Having gone through a very difficult L TKR, (bend still not good) naturally I want to hold off as long as possible. Has anyone here experienced TKR after arthroscopy and if so, is there anything you found helpful to prolong the surgery? Or if you were able to avoid a TKR, what tips can you share? Perhaps nothing will adequately hold off the extreme pain from lack of cushioning, but I thought I'd ask anyway. Thanks!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.