Back ache.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi had my op june 1st anterior and posterior prolapse. I still got tummy ache and started really bad back pain , somebody please tell me is this normal x

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I had the same 6th June. I never had tummy ache at all apartffrom it being tender and swollen. However my back passage is so uncomfortable I am unable to sit on it squarely. I have no follow up appointment but booked with my GP at 8wks as was concerned it wasn't normal. Was told all healing ok and such a big op takes time to heal. 12 wks now no better. As we speak i am laid on my side on the sofa. The physio from the hospital said 10 - 12wks should be normal. I have booked to see gp again but not till next week. Hoping you recover soon. Taking longer than I thought it would. Best wishes jill
  • Posted

Not in my experience.  I would call my surgeon's office and ask them.  Everyone is different and it may depend on how much muscle, etc they had to cut through.  I think we had one other person with these complaints and that was the answer her surgeon gave her.  But it was the surgeon who answered the question and I don't think any one of us can tell you whether it's normal for you or not.  Ask.

Good luck.

Nickie

• Posted

Could the back pain be something to do with the way you get moved and the position you are in for surgery ? I have had a problem with my right leg and back and osteopath thinks that's what's caused it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.