Back ache knee n ankle pain.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi.

3wks post op tomorrow and wondering if anyone found that they had any aching in the op leg ankle?

Since my op when i am in bed resting the foot falls forward (like footdrop), and aches like mad. Even the weight of duvet causes discomfort.

The kneecap also feels "twisted".

Did wonder if it had been pulled on to manipulate during op by my foot or if its due to new hip position.

Understand that random pains are natural especially as my back pain (longterm arthritis) is really bad from the back sleeping.

I seem to manage 4hrs max at night.

Just on gabapentin 100mg morn and night and paracetamol as needed.

Did knock off a gabapentin in daytime due to nausea/upset bowels (no good having trots on crutches lol😨).

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Its usually the heel of my foot that hurts rather than the ankle. Have started sleeping with a soft blanket under my foot which helps for a while but i have to get up every few hours to walk due to discomfort.

As for the knee thing, iv noticed from the knee down my leg bends off to the left quite a lot. Dont know if it will go back to normal but i do hope so. Is that what yours is like? Or something else? Xx

• Posted

I wondered if its new position lol.

Could inprove as become more mobile.

Will have to track our progress lol xx

• Posted

Im not convinced. Legs arent supposed to bend the way mine does haha.

As for being mobile. Thats a bit if a ddisaster to haha. But ill get there.

How long since your op?

• Posted

There is a sock I heard of that forces the foot to stay up? Mmm. Let me try to find the information for you
  • Posted

hi angela, 

well yeah, I think it is pretty normal - it is very possible that they have manipulated your leg raher forcefully to dislocate the hip joint - grabbed it by ankle and above knee - like when you dismember a chicken (too graphic???) and also they have to put leg back in place - 

everything is in the process of healing darling, so be gentle with yourself -

4 hours sleep? not too bad if uninterrupted -------

big warm hug

renee

• Posted

I wish i knew what they did to me since i didnt have a hip to dislocate. My guess is they had to cut out the whole "hip" 😂 how disgusting haha
  • Posted

Yes Angela I was exactly the same, my foot has always dropped because I had Polio when I was a child, but for the first few weeks of THR it dropped even further, and the back pain and Knee increased with pain 😡 I am 10 weeks post opp this week, and I can honestly say at the moment I've got more  aches and pains than before opp.

On the bright side the pain which I had in hip seems much much better.

Good luck and wish you well x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.