Back and sciatica

Posted , 3 users are following.

hello. i'm seeking any advice please my recent MRI scan revealed my 2 lower disks are buldging,causing nerve compression.i'm in a lot of pain.sleeping is the worst.i'm currently taking amitriptyline,3 a night.sometimes i may get 2/3 hours sleep.its ruining me, im into my 2nd month off work which isnt helping to. now my osteopath tells me he can help me, but my doctor wants to operate. im seriously lost. Many thanks Dean

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Personally, I would not want any manipulation of cervical spine area until the full facts are known. If your spinal cord is compromised then serious injury could occur, possibly resulting in paralysis. I was sent for physiotherapy early on with my c/s and luckily the physio decided on an holistic approach because she did not have the full facts of my injuries, I could have been permanently paralysed if she had carried out full physiotherapy.

Mike.

• Posted

I too have many serious issues with my spine, even after 3 major surgeries. The spine is such a complex part of our body, most individuals don't have a clue what all is involved. With your situation, it is most important to know your Dr/ Surgeon is up to date on any procedure that might be for you. In most cases, it can be a fairly simple procedure to give you relief. I was lucky to have my final surgeon be an actual inventor of ways to help others. For home treatment, I can tell you there is not one thing that will take away all your pain, but I can also tell you that Ice packs give a lot of relief as they have all it takes to get the area numb by freezing it. Heat on the other hand can cause more swelling and irritation and in my case was not good for me. I still suffer daily after my last reconstruction, and pray no one goes through that type of pain. Please don't suffer for years as I did. Get all testing and seek a surgeon that has dealt with your type of pain. He will help you if you trust him. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.