Back pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

i had a cat scan that revealed two small kidney stones, since then I have had continuous pain in the left kidney area and across my lower back, I have to take pain killers every day for relief. Not sure what else I can do

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

See if your doctor will give you flomax. It helps the stones along
    • Posted

Thank you Vincent, I will do that. Other than the pain I have no problems with peeing, just the pain, I'm not sure if these stones will ever pass though.

• Posted

Hi Dyllis,

You can help the stones to try to pass naturally by drinking plenty of water. If they do pass naturally, apart from the pain that you are experiencing, this is the preferred solution because there is no medical intervention or invasion.

If the pain gets too much, step up the painkillers and/or ask your doctor for something stronger. If it gets too much to bear, do tell your doctor. Any emergency should be referred to A&E dept.

In my experience, the doctors will prefer to leave it up to you to try and pass the stone on your own but this does not always happen so do bear in mind that there may come a time when you will need to see the doctor again.

• Posted

Thank you for your advice, I will try drinking more water.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.