Back pain and tingling foot!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello! So I have really bad upper back pain. I have had this for a while but it’s got really bad recently. I’m 14 so it’s not a wear and tear thing you get with old age. I have been experiencing 

-upper back pain

-neck pain (left side)

-shoulder pain (left side)

-collar bone pain (left side)

-left ribs hurt and if I suck in they are a different shape and more prominent than the right side.

-lower back pain in the right side

-tightness, tingling and a tiny bit of numbness on top of right foot near my toes. It feels as though I have hit my funny bone but in my foot.

My sister has scoliosis and she had the surgery for it. My mum and grandma both have kyphosis which is what I’m thinking it could be, when I bend forward there is a tiny curve but probably not big enough for the scoliosis diagnosis. My hand sometimes gets pins and needles in it (for no reason). My neck feels like I have slept on it funny and it feels heavy. I feel like it’s so much effort to hold my head up. I’m always clenching my jaw in the night too which doesn’t help. Eveytime I yawn I feel sick which is very weird too. So is this cancer? Could it be a tumour on my back or neck? There is no visible lumps though. I have angry looking stretch marks on my upper back on my left side (there is only a few but they are very deep and long going horizontal. I’m scared it could be cancer sad my shoulder and collar bone on my left side feel so weak and the crunch (they never did that before) please help! Thank you - Charlotte smile

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Poor you Charlotte,

you really need to get this checked out. It sounds very much like a spinal problem, I'm sure it's not cancer but a Dr must make a diagnosis for you.

Don't leave this get it checked out.

Best wishes

Sarah

• Posted

Charlotte 

I am sorry to hear you are going through this especially at your age.

I have Sherman’s kyphosis, osteochrondritis, bone hypertrophic growths and slippef discs in my lumbar spine. I was diagnosed at 18 now 37 and unfortunately past treatment. 

Your symptoms to me sound like mine when it first started.

I don’t think you should worry about cancer until it’s checked properly by a dr.

You will worry yourself sick with that and worry leads to stress and with me that always makes the pain and problem worse.

It sounds like a spinal problem but please get it checked.

Once it’s checked at least you will know for defo and your still young so hopefully they can do something for you. 

I certainly wish mine was found early on.

Life is still for living and it’s hard take it from someone who knows but always fight and you will get sorted.

Good luck with everything let me know how it goes.

I’m here if you need advise or just to talk 

Take care 

Andy

• Posted

I pretty much got the same problem and I'm only 19. Have you found out what it is?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.