Back to work

Posted , 8 users are following.

had my first day back at work yesterday after 13 weeks felt strange being back but was nice to see everyone again, coped ok but was tired by the end of it got day off today then back tomorrow 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Take things easy at home...rest...ready for the following day...XX
  • Posted

That's great Sharon. Take your time with it. I went back at 12 weeks but for the first week just 3 hrs every second day. Then every day. It was 4 weeks before I did full shifts. I'm almost 7 months now. I still get a swollen foot from time and a stiffness. I'm very pleased with it. Good luck with it all. 
  • Posted

That's great Sharon.  What do you do?

My work is wanting me to come back but I dont know when to tell them I can - I'm a secretary - I'm 6 weeks and doing well I think but not sure how long it will be.  Any advice?

• Posted

I work in the post office on the counters so mostly sitting down but I do get up and have a wander when I feel I need to and the girls are very helpful . 6 weeks is still early days give yourself time I couldn't have gone back any earlier just didn't feel ready my surgeon told me 12 weeks 
    • Posted

Give yourself at least 12 weeks. its a major surgery and your body needs time to heal.

• Posted

Hi Susan

My role requires me to spend a lot of time visiting stores I have a team of area managers under me that I spend time with and develope.

I went back after 6 weeks and upon reflection that was to quick I only had a bend of 60degrees I am now 13 weeks post and had MUA 3 weeks ago and only a bend of 62degrees still and even now it's too much Full Time at work I can tell as my knee swells and gets stiffness after about 4- 5hrs.

I needed to be back at work for financial reasons as I may need more work on the bad scarring tissues and need to keep 4 weeks leave up my sleeve for that.

My advice from my experience is if you don't need to go back take your time and ease into it, you will get tired easily and you will need recovery time to re energise yourself and let you knee heal from going back to work.

• Posted

Well done. I'm looking forward to getting back. I'm 6 week post op but I work in primary school so I will have had 15 week off by time I go back because of summer hols , Be good because will just give extra time to make sure I'm ready for it but I really am missing the hustle bustle of work x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.