Back to work after 4 weeks

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had a total hysterectomy 3 weeks ago and have only been signed off for 4 weeks. I still feel so tired by the afternoon and my stomach bloats as the day goes on which is really uncomfortable . I still slightly bleeding too but not much pain now just the odd twinge and heavy achy feeling . I work 6 hours without a break in an admin role but I don't think I'm ready to go back yet . would love to hear how long you've been signed off x

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I had a TAH and 2 large fibroids removed, I was told by my surgeon to take 12wks off work to recover. After 12wks sick and 3wks leave im going back to work in a few days, i will be doing a phased return for up to 7wks and gradually increasing my hours each week.

• Posted

Hello, i had a total hysto 5 weeks ago, im sore, emotional and get the bloating by evening.

i was told recovery would be 6-8weeks. I'm in a similar role and not sure when i will go back as sitting, standing or doing anything "normal" seems to be uncomfortable! I start physio on week 6 too!!

Wishing you well and please take it easy!

• Posted

i had my hysterectomy 3 weeks today and they left my ovaries in. i had key hole and virginal surgery. (so there are internal stitches still) i have had problems with my bowl movement after the op which was horrendous but slowly getting back to normal in that department. My stomach feels so bloated still and uncomfortable. i am walking a fair amount and doing light chores around the house. I do get tired quickly and have a nap. I have only been booked off for 4 weeks and not sure whether i should return back to work as it will be too soon. my work has been really good and get paid up too the 6weeks. The problem is i feel ok but my body is saying slow down and rest as you are doing to much, if that makes sense. i am just very frustrated at the moment.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.